header Facebook Twitter LinkedIn the MAE files
Home About Me Art

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Welcome Back!

Hello folks! It's been 2 years since I updated this blog and since I'm in between jobs right now, what better time for a comeback! For those interested, here's a recap of how I ended up back here! (Don't worry. The blog will still primarily be about e-marketing after this special-edition all-about-myself entry).

I graduated from UBC with a Marketing degree in June 2010. My family flew from the Philippines to celebrate this joyous occasion with me and since Vancouver is so close to LA, we went to Disneyland!

Graduation Day

Disneyland, LA

After the trip, my parents convinced me to return to the Philippines so I went back home with them. An opportunity arose and come September, I ended up being a Digital Account Manager in MRM Worldwide, the leading digital and relationship marketing agency of McCann Worldgroup.

With the MRM team. I'm the one with bangs.

How would I describe that job? Let me see. The hours were CRAZY LONG (we're talking 9 to 9 on average), the deadlines were deadly and as an Account Manager, I was...well...accountable for everything! It was brutal and an eye-opener. Yet I somehow ended up being good at it and after just a month, I was given the prestigious Coca-Cola account! That's right. The Open Happiness, Christmas Truck, Santa Claus, polar bear Coca-Cola. It was a shock and an honor that they would trust me with such an important client. But there you go, it turns out I was built to be an Account Manager after all!

Glug, glug, glug. Ahhh!

The tides changed after one year. The work and opportunities were good, but I really began to miss Vancouver. I had never felt that type of "homesickness" towards the Philippines when I was studying here, but I was definitely feeling it the other way around. And that's how I ended up back in good ol' Vancouver, where it's cold and expensive and I'm jobless. And it's also how I ended up bringing this blog back to life: first, cuz I actually know a thing or two about e-marketing and social media now and second, I have time on my hands!

If you've gotten this far then I do hope you'll stay for the long run. Please tell me if you know any Vancouver-based ad agencies hiring as well. I'm experienced and I'm right here! :)

The end! Good night! Until tomorrow!

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment